Holy freaking cow, you guys. I can hardly believe it. JessicaBrigham.com turns one!! Hot diggity damn. Three cheers for one crazy $%&@-ing awesome year. 🎉 🎉🎉
It’s been nothing short of a rollercoaster. Worth all the blood, sweat and tears. 💪🏻🔨 And if it wasn’t for YOU, this wouldn’t be nearly as much fun. Thank you for being here, for celebrating the big and small victories and just partaking on this wild, bloggin’ ride.
What Went Down This Year
I remodeled multiple rooms in my 1934 Craftsman Bungalow home. It was, quite frankly, a creative crescendo. Here’s the shortlist:
- It started in the office with moody paint and modular shelving highlighting the home’s high ceilings.
- The Blue Wonder (and Edgar, too!) took reign in the blank canvas that has become my living room.
- My bold, budget bathroom was my first attempt at painting floor tile and a solid have-at-it for the Spring 2017 One Room Challenge.
- I went to the carpentry (and jungle-y wallpaper) extreme in my dining room. This space holds my bitty design heart.
- The Master Bedroom got a swift overhaul with a fresh coat of white paint and a bright yellow, smack-ya-in-face accent wall.
- My hallway of doors got painted three times until I happily settled on a bright white. She’s a work in progress!
- The first floor guest room is coming together in a fabulously deco-mod kind of way (coming soon!).
The Brigham Craftsman was published!!! I’m still getting chills, but this itty bitty bungalow was seen on Design*Sponge, Apartment Therapy and in Rachael Ray Magazine. It was a lifetime goal to be one day be published in a magazine. I said it so many times I started to believe it. I truly believe we can manifest our own dreams.
I became the Food Contributor at City Farmhouse. Jennifer O’Brien is an incredibly supportive woman who has truly been a pleasure to work and chat with. Thank you so, so, so much, Jen.
I’ve connected in-person with so many fantastic Instagrammers. What I love about these lady meetups is the distinct sense that us gals share the same goal: to establish a pivotal, encouraging community of creatives that intentionally seek to boost each other up, and do so often.
I launched a brand spankin’ new website (designed by the amazing Noelia of Herpark Studio). The beautifully (and cleanly!) designed site provided me an opportunity to share a slew of new design services—both virtual and in-person.
I’ve had the pleasure of connecting with so many great, homegrown brands. I’m super grateful for the companies that believed in my dream from early on and who’ve contributed to a whole bunch of awesome giveaways.
What’s Coming This Year
I’ve got a few ideas up my sleeve, which include, but are not limited to:
- Revamping the design in my third guest room.
- Remodeling our current kitch sitch.
- Starting a podcast all about taking on your dreams, and not giving a fuck.
- Sharing more tips + tricks, breaking down my process from start to finish.
- Adding creative goodies—like free printables and shop items.
Seriously, guys. The last 365 days have been enlightening and extraordinary. I’m incredibly grateful to my closest friends and family who’ve been pushing me to never stop believing. And I cna’t wait to see what unfolds in the coming year.
Thanks for being here.
Photo Credit: Constance Schiano Photography